Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Bright Side of Life


I have been struggling to find the bright side of life recently. This is mostly due to my continued state of unemployment. I am fairly weary of trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be learning from this and being told things like Everything happens for a reason and Something is meant to come along for me. I would be quite happy if Something would ACTUALLY come along. That would be awesome. I've had many interviews and am typically told they are very impressed, I am very qualified, and that I was one of their final candidates. Which is great to hear. But not as great as something along the lines of "you're hired."  I would like to hear that. 

It's been over six months. And you know that unemployment extension congress refused to approve?  You now know someone who doesn't know how she will pay rent in future because of it. So thanks childish politicians intent on making the other party wrong by refusing to work together.  I'm not voting for any of you again. 

Having gotten that little vent out,  I shall continue to believe my job is super close to being, well, my job. 

Also I now have Always Look on the Bright Side of Life in my head. So that helps. 

No comments: