Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PEOPLE.

You cannot be doing things willy nilly on the web when it comes to working with pictures and contact info of your friends. Just googled myself-- figured it would be good to see what the top hits are right now since I'm job searching. One of the top five hits was a church directory that listed my address (albeit an old one), my cell phone number, and my picture. Um, have we heard of privacy settings? So irritated right now. I love you, my Mormons, and most of you are not naive, but seriously, do we need to teach a class in this? I don't even post most of that info to MyFace, and that is set to the highest privacy settings. Be smarter. Rant done. For now.

4 comments:

carrieann123 said...

Come on, people. Let's be smart about this. You've gotta hold onto this information and sell it to the highest bidder.

You'd think this day in age, people would know that.

Dizzle. said...

Carrie... should I be concerned about sending you day camp rosters?

carrieann123 said...

Define "concerned"...

Just kidding.

I only sell personal information belonging to close friends.

On that note, we should totally hang out some time... :)

Dizzle. said...

You might be able to bribe me with cheese sticks at Red Robin after Holli is done with her fake lactose allergy thing...)but I am warning you that it can be hard to get me off my couch!