Monday, March 9, 2009

My Coma Care Plan

If I ever go into a coma you should play 80's tv show theme songs.

Like Golden Girls:



Or Murder, She Wrote:



Or for that matter, Perry Mason (yes, I know it was made in the 50's and 60's, but my mom watched it in the 80's.

The fact that there are lines through the screen make it feel even more it could have come off my tv back then.

I've discovered that I find most tv theme songs from the 80's soothing. It takes me back to a time in my childhood when I didn't worry about money, or who was being mean to me (at least not for longer than a day, generally), or cleaning my room. Okay, I still don't worry about cleaning my room much. But I've noticed that they take me back. So if I'm ever in a coma, while you are in a bedside vigil, you can also play me some 80's theme songs. Also episodes of Law and Order: SVU. Because who wouldn't find that soothing on their death bed.

What brought this on? Bad tv. It left me with no other option but to watch old tv shows on the Hallmark Channel (shoosh, you tv-turning-off crazies!). The other thing I have come to realize while watching Golden Girls is that I need one of these, so I can be a proper lady like Blanche:


The bottle style, not necessarily the brand.

No comments: